The Impossible

I've never done this before, but here's my very first movie recommendation, The Impossible.


It's been a while since a movie has been able to impact me very profoundly with the directing and acting that created one cohesive masterpiece. This movie's been out since last year, starring Naomi Watts and Ewan Mcgregor. It's a story based off of real events that happened during the 2004 tsunami disaster in Asia. This movie directly focused on a family that was impacted in Thailand. 

It's gutwrenching with tear jerking scenes that I'm not afraid to admit that I did tear up several times in the theater, and I could hear several other movie watchers sniffling or wiping their eyes as well. Especially in scenes of where the family 5 is separated into 3 and 2 and they both think the rest of their family is dead. 


I must emphasize that I think this is the best performance that Naomi Watts has given in her career. Nothing is fake and unrealistic and you actually believe that all the emotions she's acting out are genuine. Not to mention her interaction and dynamics with Tom Holland, seen in the photo above, who acts as her oldest son, are very wonderful scenes that truly show the love of a mother and son holding on to life as it seems to be able to slip away from their grasp every second.

The directing is really well done with some scenes of the tsunami not even looking like it's edited in. Naomi had to film in a water tank for six months, which is highly commendable. It just added that extra raw factor to the film. On a final note, The Impossible is extremely worth paying a movie ticket price to watch it in the theaters, it's a very breathtaking experience!

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.